Multi-Horned Ram Hunting
PACKAGES FEATURING THE MULTI HORNED RAM
Season: March – July
- 6 Nigths and 5 Hunting Days
- One free range Red Stag trophy (no limit on score)
- Full board lodging – Open Bar
- One-on-one guiding
About the Multi Horned Rams
- Multiple curved horns, which can grow up to several feet long
- Stocky, muscular build
- Shaggy coat
- Short, stubby tail
- The ideal shot placement while hunting Multi Horned Rams is to aim at the center of the chest, just behind the front legs. This will hit the heart and lungs, ensuring a quick and humane kill. The recommended range to hunt Multi Horned Rams is between 100-300 yards.
- Meat yield ~40%
- Hide ~10 sq. ft
- Horns can be used for decoration and crafts
- Skulls can be used for European mounts
- Multi Horned Rams, also known as Jacob Sheep, were introduced to Argentina in the early 20th century.
- They can be found in various regions of the country, including the Andes and Patagonia.
- Multi Horned Rams in Argentina can be hunted year-round, and many hunting lodges offer guided hunts.
- They can be challenging to hunt due to their wary nature and ability to blend into their surroundings.
- Multi Horned Rams can have a significant impact on the environment, as they can damage native vegetation and compete with native herbivores for resources.
MULTI HORNED RAM FAQ's
The Multi-horned ram (also know as Jacob Sheep) is small, multi-horned sheep. Their most common color is white, but some are black or both white and black.
THE MULTI HORN RAM
March to November: El Carrizal La Pampa
The Multihorn or Jacobs sheep are basically Spanish sheep that have been around since biblical times. These sheep were brought to Argentina by early Spanish ships and have become wild and a worthy quarry especially combined with other species.
What We Provide Our Hunters...
As to plains game, we suggest riffles such as 7 mm RM or 300 WM caliber, fitted with a good scope. For water buffalo we recommend 375 HH caliber or bigger. For birdshooting 20 Ga. semi-automatic models are specially recommended. South American Adventure Safaris will provide premium quality ammunitions in 12 or 20 Ga. For 16, 28 and 410 calibers, please, order them in advance.
Munitions and cartridges will have to be dispatched in a hard box by separate as a registered baggage.