PACKAGES FEATURING DUCK
Entre Rios, Argentina
Season: March – July
- 6 Nigths and 5 Hunting Days
- One free range Red Stag trophy (no limit on score)
- Full board lodging – Open Bar
- One-on-one guiding
About the Ducks
- Webbed feet
- Waterproof feathers
- Rounded wings
- Broad, flat bill
- The ideal shot placement while hunting ducks is to aim at the head or neck, as this will result in an instant kill. The recommended range to hunt ducks is between 20-40 yards.
- Meat yield ~50%
- Feathers can be used for decoration, crafts, and fly tying
- Fat can be used for cooking or medicinal purposes
- Argentina is home to a diverse range of duck species, including the Rosy-billed Pochard and the Brazilian Teal.
- Ducks in Argentina can be hunted from May to August, during the Southern Hemisphere winter.
- The hunting of ducks is regulated in Argentina, and hunters must obtain the appropriate licenses and permits.
- Many hunting lodges in Argentina offer guided duck hunts, which can be a thrilling experience for hunters of all skill levels.
- The use of decoys and calls is common while duck hunting in Argentina.
The season for duck hunting in Argentina is from May to August. Compared to some hunting seasons for larger game, duck hunting season is relatively short. Ducks are typically hunted in the morning and the hunting usually takes place in open water or in a beautiful natural pond.
May to August: Estancia Cortaderas
Ducks are typically hunted in the morning. The season is May – August our Argentine winter. Your primary target will be the large, majestic Rosy-Billed Poachard, the royalty of Argentinean ducks. In addition, you may see several types of beautiful and very fast teal plus the occasional tree duck or pintail. Duck hunting may take place in open water or in one of the many beautiful natural ponds.
What We Provide Our Hunters...
As to plains game, we suggest riffles such as 7 mm RM or 300 WM caliber, fitted with a good scope. For water buffalo we recommend 375 HH caliber or bigger. For birdshooting 20 Ga. semi-automatic models are specially recommended. South American Adventure Safaris will provide premium quality ammunitions in 12 or 20 Ga. For 16, 28 and 410 calibers, please, order them in advance.
Munitions and cartridges will have to be dispatched in a hard box by separate as a registered baggage.