Axis Deer Hunting
PACKAGES FEATURING THE AXIS DEER
Season: March – July
- 6 Nigths and 5 Hunting Days
- One free range Red Stag trophy (no limit on score)
- Full board lodging – Open Bar
- One-on-one guiding
About the Axis Deer
- White spots on their reddish-brown coat
- Short tail with a black stripe
- Three-pronged antlers
- White patch on their throat
- Meat yield ~45%
- Hide ~12 sq. ft
- Venison is tender and flavorful
- Antlers can be used for knife handles or home decor
- When hunting Axis Deer, aim for the area behind the front shoulder, roughly one-third of the way up from the bottom of the chest. A suitable range for hunting this deer is between 50-250 yards.
- 15,000+ Axis Deer are found in Argentina
- Most commonly found in the provinces of La Pampa, Buenos Aires, and Entre Ríos
- Antlers typically have 6 points, with some reaching 8 or more
- Trophy hunts in Argentina can yield Axis Deer with antlers measuring 30"+ in length
AXIS DEER FAQs
Axis Deer trophies range in size, however the average is about 25-30 inches. Axis Deer trophies are judged based on the overall length of the main beam. The main beam is one of the three tines that Axis Deer have on each antler. The other two tines are the brow tine and the terminal fork.
THE AXIS DEER
March to November: El Carrizal La Pampa
Male Axis Deer reach nearly 35 inches at the shoulder and the head and body can be as high as 5.6 feet. Asxis deer are generally active throughout the day. In the summer, they spend most of the day under shade when temperatures reach 80 °F. Most axis forage before sunrise and peaks at mid-morning and then again in the late afternoon and eat until close to midnight. Axis deer often move in single file on specific tracks. Axis form Matriarchal herds comprising of adult females, her offspring and her offspring from previous years. Herds are usually small but can be very large. These are amazing animals to spot and stalk.
What We Provide Our Hunters...
As to plains game, we suggest riffles such as 7 mm RM or 300 WM caliber, fitted with a good scope. For water buffalo we recommend 375 HH caliber or bigger. For birdshooting 20 Ga. semi-automatic models are specially recommended. South American Adventure Safaris will provide premium quality ammunitions in 12 or 20 Ga. For 16, 28 and 410 calibers, please, order them in advance.
Munitions and cartridges will have to be dispatched in a hard box by separate as a registered baggage.