Fallow Deer Hunting
PACKAGES FEATURING THE FALLOW DEER
Season: March – July
- 6 Nigths and 5 Hunting Days
- One free range Red Stag trophy (no limit on score)
- Full board lodging – Open Bar
- One-on-one guiding
About the Fallow Deer
- Unique palmate antlers in mature males
- Coat with white spots during summer, turning to a more uniform color in winter
- Medium-sized body with a light-colored rump patch
- Short tail with a black stripe
- Meat yield ~45%
- Hide ~10 sq. ft
- Tender and flavorful venison
- Antlers can be used for crafts and home decor
- When hunting Fallow Deer, aim for the area behind the front shoulder, about one-third of the way up from the bottom of the chest. A suitable range for hunting this deer is between 50-250 yards.
- 5,000+ Fallow Deer are found in Argentina
- Most commonly found in the provinces of La Pampa, Buenos Aires, and Entre Ríos
- Antlers of males typically have multiple points, with some reaching 20 or more
- Trophy hunts in Argentina can yield Fallow Deer with antlers measuring 30"+ in length.
FALLOW DEER FAQ's
Fallow Deer have a relatively short hunting season that only lasts from March to July. This is unlike many other deer species, that have a hunting season that lasts until November. The male deer rut during this time frame, which makes for ideal hunting.
THE FALLOW DEER
March to July: El Carrizal La Pampa
Fallow Deer bucks come in many variations of coat color including common, menil, melanistic and leucistic. Generally only bucks have antlers. Gallow deer generally graze in mixed woodland and open grassland. Rutting fallow bucks spread out and females move around between them during the rut. Fallow deer can run as fast as 30pmh over short distances and jump upwards of 5 feet and can jump as far across as 16 feet. The European fallow deer was introduced by billionaire Aaron Anchorena, who intended to increase hunting opportunities. He freed wildlife of European and Asian origin, making them common inhabitants.
What We Provide Our Hunters...
As to plains game, we suggest riffles such as 7 mm RM or 300 WM caliber, fitted with a good scope. For water buffalo we recommend 375 HH caliber or bigger. For birdshooting 20 Ga. semi-automatic models are specially recommended. South American Adventure Safaris will provide premium quality ammunitions in 12 or 20 Ga. For 16, 28 and 410 calibers, please, order them in advance.
Munitions and cartridges will have to be dispatched in a hard box by separate as a registered baggage.